To all members of NALG-NSW
Monash Country Club July 25th
36 Players (19 lefties) teed-off at Monash at 9.00am shot-gun start on July 25th in what turned out to be a bright and sunny winters morning. It was great to see the 8 players from Newcastle make the effort to come down for this event.
The course was turned out in great order with the greens typically hard and fast. Based on the scores the course was the winner. However, the two ball team of Mike Simon and Darren Mason (both from the Wakehurst Club) whom I played with put together a fine 47 points.
Prize winners for the day were;
- Lefties Winner - James Tyson - 35 points
- Runner-up - Dennis Allen - 34
- 2 Ball Winners - Mike Simon & Darren Mason - 47
- Runners-up - Rod Osland & Adam Holland - 41 c/b
- Righties Winner - John Gallie - 34
Nearest the Pin Doug Bennett
However, when we collected the NTP pin it included the name J Tedesco. Realising there were a group of footballers playing on the course I approached them explaining that the event was exclusive to the Lefthanded Golfers Association members. James advised that he played golf lefthanded. The group included the Trbojevic brothers, Beaver Menzies Brandy Alexander etc. The boys were still there during our presentation so I presented James with a ball suggesting he might like to join our association.2
Balls down to 31
The Tony Barr annual point score event following Monash:
- Peter Aroney 18
- Warwick Stanwell 18
- Blake Aroney 16
- Peter Golding 14
- Rex Langthorne 13
- Craig McHatton 12
Our next event will be the State Championship at Twin Creeks on September 12th.
Just to reiterate, to be eligible for the State Championship you must firstly be a financial member of the association and played at least 2 games with the association within the last 12 months. Ineligible players will have the opportunity to play in the stableford event conducted in conjunction with the championships.
Booking details for Twin Creeks will be on the website www.nalg-nsw.org
2019 Program for remainder of the year
- Twin Creeks September 12th
- The Springs (Mangrove Mountain V The Lefties October 17th
- Royal Hobart Nationals November 17th - 22nd
- Avondale December 4th
he committee met post the Monash event and commenced the process of selecting courses for next year.The plan is to select a good cross section of courses, some we have not played for some time. More to come when bookings confirmed
Thanks to those who have renewed their membership. If you have not yet done this you can either;
- Go to the website nalg-nsw.org.au and follow the prompts for membership renewal and payment or
- Deposit $30 directly to our bank account BSB 062175 Account No 1003 1963 showing your name or
- Make the payment at our next event.