JULY 2019 NEWSLETTER
To all members of NALG-NSW
LAKESIDE Camden 27th June
28 players (21 lefties and 7 others) registered for the 10.00am shotgun start at Lakeside preceded by a bacon & egg role, plus coffee. The course has been taken over by the Wests Leagues Club who have spent a considerable sum upgrading including some new and well-planned holes. The course was in very good condition and weather fine so there were no excuses.
On returning to the Club House we were treated to a Hamburger and Chips so overall it was great value considering the $75 fee included carts as well.
Prize winners for the day were;
- Lefties Winner Blake Aroney 39 points
- Runner-up Warwick Stanwell 37
- 2Ball Winners Peter Richards and David Tyler 46
- Righties Winner Glen McGowan 38
- Nearest the Pins Tony Smith and Peter Golding
- Long Drive Blake Aroney
- Balls down to 33
The Tony Barr annual point score event following Lakeside:
- Warwick Stanwell 16
- Blake Aroney 14
- Peter Golding 12
- Peter Aroney 12
- Craig McHatton 12
- Rex Langthorne 11
Our next outing is to be held at the challenging Monash layout located at Ingleside in the Northern Beaches area on Thursday 25th July. It will be a 9.00am shotgun start, cost $75.
See booking details on the website www.nalg-nsw.org
2019 Program for remainder of the year
- Monash July 25th
- Twin Creeks September 12th
- The Springs (Mangrove Mountain V The World) October 17th
- Royal Hobart Nationals November 17th - 22nd
- Avondale December 4th
We have the opportunity to submit articles of interest about left-handed golf, plus photo’s, in the Inside Golf Magazine. There have already been two recent articles. All articles need to be submitted via the National Secretary Sid Farrell so if you come across a story you feel worthy of publication then please forward to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our membership year runs from 1st April to 31st March. Our annual fee is $30 payable in advance.
To renew your membership, you can either;
- Go to the website www.nalg-nsw.org.au and follow the prompts for membership renewal and payment or
- Deposit $30 directly to our bank account BSB 062175 Account No 1003 1963 showing your name or
- Make the payment at our next event
It should be noted that only financial members can win our State event in September or compete at the National Championships in Hobart.
Rex Langthorne AM President